I did harvest some things from the garden last Friday, and also yesterday. Here’s what we’re still seeing in the garden:
- About 1/2 pint of Raspberries (about $2 worth, but this isn’t the Family of 4 Garden, so who’s counting?) But seriously, raspberries during Thanksgiving week?!? I’m planning my fruit farm as we speak.
- Thyme, parsley, cilantro, fennel, and sage. Many of these herbs are still green and growing. Mmm..thyme roasted chicken!
- Purple Carrots – lots of them!
- Watermelon Radishes – I think I’ve pulled most of the big ones now.
- Salad Greens – lots and lots of delicious salad greens. Although it is a bit of a challenge to get all the tree leaves cleaned out before eating. Ugh.
The Family of 4 Garden
Any guesses? No? C’mon, I’m sure you can guess at least ONE of the things I harvested out of the Family of 4 Garden.
- If you guessed Swiss Chard, you’d be right! 2 bunches @ $2/bunch = $4. (Check back to see what we did with that chard!)
- Baby Salad Greens, about 5 oz, at $3.19/5 oz = $3.19
- Another 5 oz of salad greens from 2 weeks ago that I didn’t add in = $3.19
- 3 baby purple carrots…um…let’s just call it $0.50.
- Half a bunch of radishes at $1.40/bunch = $0.70.
So, that gives us $8.39 for the week’s harvest plus another $3.19.
Weekly Total: $11.58
Yearly Total: $338.81