Category Archives: Upcoming Events
Our last Saturday Sampler for the year is tomorrow, September 20th from 9-10 a.m. in the Demonstration Garden. Rain or shine! (If it is really raining, we will move inside somewhere.) Our topic tomorrow is Italian beyond Tomatoes & Basil. We’ll be talking about some of the things we grew in our Spring/Fall Italian Garden this year and how to cook them.
Our next Saturday Sampler will be tomorrow, June 21st from 9-10 a.m. Our theme this month is “Cucumbers Around the World.” Our cucumbers are just barely getting started in the Demo Garden, but I know that we will all have more cucumbers than we know what to do with in a few weeks! We have some really interesting Italian and Indian cucumbers to learn about.
If you couldn’t attend the workshop or if you missed out on one of the sessions, here are the presentations:
1. Getting Started with a New Garden Beginning Gardening
2. Choosing What to Plant Choosing What to Plant Handout
3. Common Pests & Problems Common Vegetable Pests & Problems
4. Growing Heirlooms & Saving Seed Growing Heirloom Vegetables & Saving Seed
5. Raised Bed Gardening (not available yet)
6. Success with Squash & Other Vines Success with Squash & Other Vines
7. Food Preservation 101 Preserving the Harvest Basics
8. Vegetables for Picky Eaters (not available yet)
9. Equipment & Gadgets for Food Preservation (not available yet)
I usually try to post the handouts/presentations from all of my classes on the blog, and I realized that I never posted my presentation from the Planting & Preserving Workshop back in February.
I realized in looking through the slides that I didn’t really have any speaker’s notes included. If you have questions after looking through the slides, please feel free to leave a comment or send an email and I’ll try to help you out.