Easy Roasted Vegetables
Use your oven to bring out the sweetness of vegetables with this simple recipe. It may even get “Mike-y” to eat all his vegetables!
Per Serving: $.34
- 5 cups assorted vegetable pieces cut in chunks (potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, turnips, carrots, onions, mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil.
- Spread vegetables in pan. Sprinkle oil on vegetables. Stir. Sprinkle with seasoning, pepper, and salt. Stir.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
- Roasting brings out the sweetness of vegetables.
- Use thyme, basil, or rosemary in place of dried Italian seasoning.
- Save energy. Roast veggies in oven with other food or right after other food is done.
- Use veggies that your family likes. Leftovers are great.
Posted on January 31, 2013, in Denise's Delightful Dishes and tagged cooking, dinner, mushrooms, nutritious, onions, potatoes, squash, sweet potatoes, Turnips, vegetables, yams. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.