1 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 cup sliced black olives
1 tablespoon cornmeal
Roll out pizza dough as if making a pizza. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with herbs. Sprinkle with black olives. Roll up jelly-roll fashion. Place on greased cookie sheet which as been sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice and serve hot. Makes 1 loaf.
Use your oven to bring out the sweetness of vegetables with this simple recipe. It may even get “Mike-y” to eat all his vegetables!
Per Serving: $.34
- 5 cups assorted vegetable pieces cut in chunks (potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, turnips, carrots, onions, mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 425 F.
- Line a 9×13 pan with aluminum foil.
- Spread vegetables in pan. Sprinkle oil on vegetables. Stir. Sprinkle with seasoning, pepper, and salt. Stir.
- Bake uncovered 45 minutes. Turn every 15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.
- Roasting brings out the sweetness of vegetables.
- Use thyme, basil, or rosemary in place of dried Italian seasoning.
- Save energy. Roast veggies in oven with other food or right after other food is done.
- Use veggies that your family likes. Leftovers are great.