Peaches are in season! Peaches are a wonderful addition to this twist on an old favorite, peach crisp. Quinoa (keen-wah) is a whole grain you will want to include in your healthy diet. It is delicious and nutritious. Some even call it a super food! It is one of my new favorite foods and hopefully will be one of yours too!
• 3 cans (16 ounces each) peaches, drained and sliced (or use fresh)
• 1/3 cup margarine
• 1/3 cup flour
• 1 cup uncooked quinoa
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1. Spray an 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray and arrange peaches on bottom.
2. Melt margarine in a small glass dish in microwave for 45 seconds.
3. Mix flour, quinoa, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl.
4. Add margarine and mix until crumbly.
5. Sprinkle mixture over peaches.
6. Microwave uncovered for 7 to 8 minutes.