Basil Parmesan Spread
1 cup chopped fresh spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup chopped fresh basil
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 (4 oz) package feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Wash hands and work area.
2. In a food processor, blend the spinach,
basil and garlic. Gradually mix in the olive
oil and Parmesan cheese. Process until smooth.
Salt and pepper to taste.
3. Blend cream cheese and feta cheese in a
4. Line a separate medium bowl with plastic wrap. Spread 1/2 the cream cheese
mixture in the bowl. Top with sun-dried tomato paste and spinach mixture.
Cover with remaining cream cheese mixture. Pat together, cover and chill in
the refrigerator at least 1 hour before serving. Flip out of the plastic lined bowl
onto a medium serving dish to serve. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
Serve this yummy, zingy dip with crackers or bread at your next party. It’s best when chilled overnight before serving.
Easy Herb Bread
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons minced garlic
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
1 cup sliced black olives
1 tablespoon cornmeal
Roll out pizza dough as if making a pizza. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with minced garlic. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with herbs. Sprinkle with black olives. Roll up jelly-roll fashion. Place on greased cookie sheet which as been sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled with cornmeal. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice and serve hot. Makes 1 loaf.
My Favorite Mexican Seasoning Mix!
I love Mexican foods! I can’t help it, I just love the spicy blend of flavors. But, I don’t like all of the salt you find in over the counter packaged mixes. So now I prefer to mix up my own. It takes about 5 minutes to make and saves a ton of $$$ and is better tasting too!
Mexican Seasoning Mix
1 cup dried minced onion
1/3 cup beef bouillon powder
1/3 cup chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder
4 teaspoons crushed red pepper (optional)
Combine all these ingredients and store in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Add 1 tablespoon to and recipe calling for Mexican flavor, or sprinkle on top of foods you want to make spicy.
- Add 1 tablespoon to chopped tomatoes and green peppers for a tasty dip or filling for tacos.
- Add 1 tablespoon to shredded cheese before melting for another dip. Serve with sour cream.
- Mix with ground beef, and cheese for topping nacho chips.